Joint BS/MS Degree Program
Benefits of the Program
- CEGE students can earn the BSCV and MSCV in five years.
- Nine (9) graduate credits or three graduate courses will count for the BSCV and MSCV.
RequirementsA cumulative GPA of 3.25 or higher at the time of BSCV degree completion.
- GRE is not required for the BSMS program.
- Apply online at the FAU Graduate College fau.edu/graduate/applyonline.
- A letter of recommendation from prospective CEGE thesis advisor.
- BSMS admission must be completed two semesters before starting MSCV program.
- CEGE BS/MS students need to be continuous enrolled:
- BSCV fall graduates must register for MSCV graduate courses in the spring.
- BSCV spring graduates must register for MSCV graduate courses in the summer.
- BSCV summer graduates must register for MSCV graduate courses in the fall.
- BSCV students take three 5000/6000 level courses as civil electives with permission from their academic advisor.
- Students must continuously enroll to remain in the program.
- For more information go to the FAU Catalog.
- Complete the following forms:
How Long Does the Program Take to Complete?
With an approximate duration of five years, the combined Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering (BSCV) to Master of Science program provides an attractive way for students to continue their graduate work. The undergraduate degree program is 128 credits, while the combined degree program includes a minimum of 150 credits. Students admitted after January 1, 2017, may count nine credits of graduate coursework, (5000 level or higher) taken as an undergraduate to satisfy both degrees.